What better way to spend your weekend that sharing a drink with those you love? So gather round as the lovely ladies of Wit & Wine share this Frothy Old Fashioned recipe to help you kick off the weekend in style.
We don't know a lot, but we know that our husbands (okay...and us) love a good Old Fashioned. And if having a Old Fashioned at 10:00am is your thing, you do you! We thought we'd take a brunched approach to this classic cocktail for those a little less adventurous. Incorporating some orange juice and an egg white makes this drink sweet, smooth, smoky and it pairs beautifully with the spicy chorizo.
3 dashes Angostura bitters
1/2 tablespoon white sugar
Juice of 1/2 small orange
1 egg white
2 ounces bourbon
1. Muddle the bitters and sugar until well combined.
2. Place the muddled mixture, ice and all other ingredients except the rind and sprig in a shaker.
3. SHAKE!!! This is super important, y'all. You have to shake the mixture for a minimum of 2 minutes without stopping. Put on a timer, flex those biceps and shake your heart out! Don't stop, don't quit or else you'll have a non-frothy Old Fashioned and that would completely defeat the point and would be really sad. We believe in you, you can do this.
4. Pour your frothy concoction into a glass.
5. Garnish with an orange peel and rosemary sprig (it ain't just for Christmas).
This drink got a major man (and woman) stamp of approval. Best sipped slowly on your patio before noon.